Sunday, July 26, 2020

Who Is He?

Several years ago I was coming to the end of twenty-four months serving away from home as a missionary for my church. I had spent full months knocking on doors, talking to and teaching people about Jesus Christ and His gospel. Yet--I had a nagging question in my mind: Who Is He?

I felt the compelling need to know Him, to be able to respond to an inquiry about Jesus of Nazareth much like I would answer a question about a friend--sharing the facts of where they live, where they come from, what they do--and being able to describe in detail their personality.

With that stark question in my mind, I began to pray differently. I ultimately began to see differently. While the scriptures certainly came to life, I distinctly remember recognizing Christlike traits in those around me. Through knowing them at their best, and seeing the grandeur of their characters revealed, I came to see Christ in them. I felt I came to know Him.


It's no coincidence to me that Jesus taught we experience eternal life when we know "the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom [He] has sent." How well do you know Him? How could adjustments to your worship help you come to better know Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment